Sunday, July 29, 2012

Raising my bar - why has it taken me so long

This is for me and also for a good friend of mine here. You know who you are. :)
Say it with me:

I deserve a partner who is an emotional adult.
I deserve a partner who willingly and freely offers support and care, without doing it just to garner something for himself.
I deserve a partner who does at least as much giving as he does receiving (and no 'taking' - an interesting and notable difference), and heck, maybe even a little more. :)
I deserve a partner who encourages me to grow and to become my best self.
I deserve a partner who wants to grow and become his best self.
I deserve a partner who strives for authenticity, who is self-aware, and who is open to looking for blind spots in his self-awareness.
I deserve a partner who is generally happy, optimistic, and positive, and who doesn't approach life from a "victim" position.
I deserve a partner with whom I can share my deep creative and emotional passions, and also my intellect.
I deserve a partner who will treat me with compassion, grace, and selfless love, and who can internalize it when I do the same for him.
I deserve a partner who brings his own store of life energy to our relationship, rather than expecting to ride along on mine.



More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment