Thursday, January 13, 2011

No safe place

A lot of difficult things happening lately. One of those is at my primary place of employment. The office that controls and schedules my work has become increasingly, daily, more and more adversarial toward those of us in my work position (Sign Language Interpreters). They claim that each move they make is for "budget" reasons, but... it's too complicated to try to explain here but many of the decisions they are making and the rules they keep creating seem to have little to do with the budget. We are being increasingly marginalized and the work environment has become hostile. We've had to involve the union that we were forced to join last year. We are currently feeling grateful for having been forced in, though it remains to be seen how much help the union will actually be able to provide us.

The world feels like a very hostile and unsafe place to me just now.

I get home at the end of the day feeling weary and a little anxious and sad. And I realize that I have no one in this world who is fully there for or with me through it. I have no "safe place to fall," no one on whom to lean, no one to share my concerns with, no one to help me carry the stresses. No one to play with or enjoy the other side of life, the fun things or the happy things... the reasons for doing all of the hard stuff.... either.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment