I've been thinking of name possibilities for almost two weeks, since I first saw a picture of "Coco(a)" and realized that, if he came to live with me, I probably wouldn't want to keep that name for him.
I've turned over many options in my mind. But trying to find one that resonnates with the both of us is hard.
Some names that are under consideration:
Theodore (Teddy for short) because he looks like a big teddy bear.
Dakota, Native American meaning "friend, ally."
Samson, with the reference to his hair.
Beauregard (Beau for short) meaning "beautiful gaze."
Yosemite, Native American for "grizzly bear."
Berwyn, meaning "bear friend or bright friend."
Auberon, meaning "noble or royal bear."
Montana
Marley
Napoleon, meaning "lion of the woods."
Gandalf
Stetson
Salem
Cassanova
Cheyenne
Arthur, the Celtic word for "bear."
Scirocco, meaning "warm wind."
Gilroy, meaning "son of the red-head" (that would be me).
Rousseau, meaning "little red-haired one."
I feel partial (at least today) to Dakota, Beauregard, Napoleon... and probably a few others but if I start down that road I'll have largely repeated the above list.
I wish that I could just look at him and have him tell me what his new name should be!
Maybe if YOU look at him, he will tell you?


No comments:
Post a Comment