I'm sure I'm not the first person ever to start one and then let it fizzle. But the name of my blog is compelling to me.
My attempts at making a new start in this "second half" of life, at now newly age 41, have been... well... a little fitful. Less sporadic than this blog, but still a bit tenuous.
Rather like being in the passenger seat with a driver brand-new at the helm of a stickshift transmission. Make sure that both the lap and shoulder belts are fastened! And someone should warn you of the potential for whiplash injury.
I find myself at a place in life where I'm walking away - not so much by choice as by a feeling of necessity - from something that, at the same time, I so desperately don't want to lose or leave.
It's amazing how much one can still vacillate, even after the decision has been made, the steps taken.
Back to the car analogy, it's like abruptly taking a fork in the road at the last possible second. And then reconsidering the move for the next how many lonely miles down the road...
So here I am. It's a tenuous one day at a time, literally.
I've been... not exactly keeping myself busy... but trying not to just lay down and quit, either.
I got my first SLR camera late in the summer, so I've been learning to use it and taking lots of pictures. It's something I really love to do. I'm grateful to have made a couple of friends recently who also like to do photography, so getting out with them for photo walks is helping to keep the life energy moving.
Here are just a few of the many images I've recently taken:







Great pictures, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete